Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hanley non-Ramirez

Yikes! I can't believe I posted an unfinished blurb...my lack of discernment between "Save As Draft" and "Publish Post" makes me feel ashamed. I guess I have control issues, much like Kason Gabbard.

Speaking of the incident last night, how about Richie Sexson getting pissed? Dude threw his helmet at Gabbard, then had harsh words! Pointing!!! Seriously, the most intimidating thing in the world must be getting yelled at by a man who's nickname is Big Sexy.

Worst nicknames list: The Bizarre, The Bad, The Bawdy Baseball Names.

One thing before I get to today's post...I don't know what to think about throwing at batters. Considering that there are some pitchers who have some awful control issues that seem to arise randomly (Rich Hill, any one?), I don't think I would trust a guy hurling a 94 mph four-seamer at my back and then having some mental or mechanical issue causing me to get beaned into Don Geiss-ville. Sorry, that last reference is to 30 Rock.

Oh, and what a douche-bag thing to say, Mr. Ron Washington: “Sexson overreacted. If we wanted to hit him, we would have hit him. He caused the melee, not us.” I can't wait for the next bench clearing incident involving the Rangers..."They overreacted. He only has a concussion. If we wanted to, we would have made him hemorrhage."

Then again, if it weren't for bean balls, then we wouldn't have glorious, wonderful baseball moments like Ryan vs Ventura or Martinez vs Zimmer.

Ok, so, here's the lowdown of this post: Hanley search on Google. Here are the google results from a Hanley search. Is there any connection to Mr. Ramirez? Please excuse this lame conceit, but I'm no Rob Riggle.
  • Hanley Center - sobriety. Huh. Let's see-ee-ee. Hanley da Marlin hits a lot of doubles, and alcoholics love doubles. I love scotch.
  • Hanley Wood - At first, I saw the name of the company and thought that I had a gimme. Wood, bats, knock it out the box Luke! However, here's what the company says..."Hanley Wood is a leading-edge business-to-business media and information company reaching audiences in residential housing and commercial construction." Do what? Well, they set up websites, and Hanley has websites...like this...and this...and even this (myspace is evil...post idea for the futures).
  • Hanley, England - Ok, it is a town that is part of the metropolitan collection of Stoke-on-Trent. The place has a world class ceramics collection (is the rookie of the year trophy made of ceramic?). They have a railway station, and Hanley has, um, a motor that doesn't quit on the basepaths. Dammit, this is hard, um, here we go, the loosest connection possible: Hanley, the most populous town in North Staffordshire, is generally described as the capital of the Potteries, a title to which it has certainly the greatest pretensions - 1893 journal. Flip the 8 and the 9 and you get this: Hanley Ramirez was born in 1983. Dude, I should get a conservative talk radio show which my tenuous logical abilities.
  • Jim Hanley - Ok, a comic book store in New York. Hanley Ramirez's nickname is Han Ram. Lost, the show on ABC, has a writer named Brian K. Vaughn. Brian K. Vaughn is the writer of the critically acclaimed and award winning graphic novel series "Y: The Last Man." They sell Y the Last Man at Jim Hanley's Universe. Circles! CIRCLES!
  • Hanley Innovations - This one is easy, and I'm blessed because I'm tired of writing these: Hanley is aerodynamic. He's greasy fast!

Alright, two cards up today...none of the other cards have been requested, so they're still up. I'll delete the pictures when they're needed.

2006 UD Artifacts Antiquity Artifacts Jeremy Bonderman (35/50) - Nice two color patch but there's a string loose.

2000-2001 UD MVP Pro Sign Autograph Shareef Abdur-Rahim - I got this card when UD couldn't fulfill one of those damned redemption cards. Yeah, great trade off, UD, a rookie autograph card vs. two autocards of Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Marcus Fizer. Scintillating. Of course, Shareef's auto is nice looking.

No comments: